Release your product in time while showing users your focus on security
Solana is one of the most popular blockchains and hackers know it. Hacken security engineers have been among the pioneers in auditing Solana projects. We have collaborated with Solana since its launch. Our key auditing principles are quality and timely delivery of services to clients.
Hacken and Solana
- Partners since May 2021;
- Collaboration to bring prominent blockchain projects to emerging markets;
- Hacken was the official partner of the Solana Season Global Hackathon.
Common security vulnerabilities of Solana smart contract
- Missed ownership check: when a contract does not validate the owner of a utility account, then it may be vulnerable to exploitation. Through fake config, an attacker may bypass access controls;
- External programs validation failure: smart contracts call functions from external programs. Function argument may fall into the user’s control and, thus, a malicious actor may try to supply malicious inputs.
- Missing signer check: the respective entity should be allowed to sign only the corresponding transactions. However, such verifications may often be forgotten.
Solana ecosystem at risk: crypto crimes on the rise
In Q1 2022, blockchain hackers stole $1.3B in 78 incidents. Hacks against Ethereum and Solana ecosystems accounted for more than ⅔ of all crime volume. Projects running on Solana lost almost $400M for this period.
Common reasons behind blockchain hacks
- Projects prioritize speed when developing their solutions and make uninformed decisions by choosing auditors without making any research;
- Projects too strongly rely on their in-house teams. The expertise and skills of internal staff may not cover all hacking techniques utilized by bad actors;
- Projects think that they are too good to fail. Even the most transparent and ethical projects may experience a hack.
Hacken smart contract audit: what will your project get?
Solana smart contract audit report
- estimation of your code according to the 4 parameters: documentation quality, code quality, architecture quality, and security;
- description of security issues detected with recommendations on how to fix them.
Label: Audited by Hacken
- You can integrate it into your website and all its visitors will see that your project is secured by a top Web 3.0 cybersecurity auditor;
- Hacken audit report will be attached to your project’s page on CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap. All visitors of these pages will realize that they will deal with a secure project.
- See posts and publications made on Hacken-owned media.
Upon becoming audited by Hacken, you can request our team to write a case study about your project mentioning your focus on improving security. It will be published on our blog hacken.io.
Hacken will also make a post on our social media:
Hacken social media coverage: >100K users
We will send an email to >30K crypto and cybersecurity enthusiasts.
All these crypto enthusiasts will get to know about your project.
Security Vendor trusted by leading Web 3.0 players:
>800 clients in total
6% share in the Web 3.0 cybersecurity market
By 2024, Hacken is going to win a 20% share in the Web 3.0 cybersecurity market.
Hacken is a member of top industry organizations:
- The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Linux Foundation
- Solana Foundation
The voice of the Hacken team makes a difference.
Hacken is the official partner of:
- Fractal Protocol
- Ferrum Network
- Hacken: certified ethical hackers on your side
Hacken in media
Leading media write about Hacken and our activities including our role in defending Ukraine in cyberspace.
The Wall Street Journal
Solana smart contract audit by Hacken: methodology
- Preparation for an audit;
- Code review and analysis;
- Report compilation;
- Bug fixing by a client;
- Remediation check.
The duration of a Solana smart contract audit may range between a few days for simple projects and a few weeks for complex code.
Solana smart contract audit price (average): $10K – $30K
Cooperation process roadmap
- You reach our team
- Hacken provides you with documentation
- We agree on the scope and timeline of the Solana smart contract audit
- You pay for Solana smart contract auditing services
- Our engineering team carries out a Solana smart contract audit and provides a client with the report
- You fix bugs and become CERtified by Hacken